- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication to meet a variety of rhetorical demands.
- Understand and respond to art, literature, and human expression across a broad range of cultures and time periods.
- Interpret and engage in artistic expression, making use of the creative process to enrich the quality of life.
- Apply critical reading, writing, and thinking skills to issues within the Humanities and in other disciplines.
- Engage in critical discourse beyond the classroom, understanding the interdependent, culturally diverse world we live in.