The Automotive Technology program is designed for students seeking a career in today's automotive service industry. The program builds rapidly from fundamentals to diagnosis and repair of today's modern automobiles.
The program emphasizes hands-on work, with approximately two-thirds of students' time spent in a lab (shop) environment working on a variety of domestic and import autos. As your skill level develops, so does the difficulty of the repairs performed.
You will receive over 1,500 hours in the latest automotive technical instruction by professional, experienced, ASE certified
Courses include rebuilding gasoline engines, repairing transmissions and transaxles, brake systems, air conditioning, suspension and steering systems, and computerized engine systems.
About the program:
- Classes offered at Redwood Campus in Grants Pass
- Low tuition
- Industry supported and advised
- NATEF (ASE) standards-based classes
- ASE Certified instructors
- Labs equipped with latest technology
- Financial aid available
- Job placement assistance offered
Degrees and certificates:
- Two-year Associate in Applied Science degree
- One-year Automotive Specialist certificate
For more information visit the Career Pathways Automotive Technology roadmap
Here's what students are saying about RCC's Automotive Program: